Success and Failure Quotes
Welcome to Success and Failure Quotes!
Success. “The accomplishment of an aim or purpose.” “The attainment of popularity or profit.” “A person or thing that achieves desired aims or attains prosperity.” “The outcome of an undertaking, specified as achieving of failing to achieve its aims.” Is this really the definition of success? No.
There is so much more to success than an accomplishment or outcome. Moreover, there is so much more to success than any definition, no matter how long or descriptive it is. Each and every individual has their own outstanding definition of success, their own way of determining what success means to them. Some may think that it is a journey, yet others think it is a destination. Some may think it is attaining wealth, yet others may think it is attaining happiness. But, no matter what success is to you, it will always be a part of your life if you work hard and honestly.
Failure. “Lack of success.” “The omission of expected or required action.” ” A lack of deficiency of a desirable quantity.” These definitions do not define what failure actually is. These definitions may even contradict with what failure is to you. Failure is a part of life, a part of succeeding, and a part of improving yourself.
Success and failure are exact opposites for some, and synonyms for others. Some may see these two as two parallel lines, or two perpendicular lines. Some may see success as a pencil and failure as an eraser, or failure as a pencil and success as an eraser. However, success and failures are both a part of life and a part of yourself. No matter where you are in life, success and failures will be a reminder of how you got to where you are or an experience that is yet to come.
This blog is not intended to define success and failure for you, it is intended to define how you look at your success and failures. It is intended to improve your outlook on success and failures. I hope that after reading the quotes on this blog, you will be motivated to always move forward in life, not to let your failures hold you back, and not to let your success make you think that you are better than others. And most importantly, to understand that there is so much more to life than your success and failures.
So, without further ado, let’s take a look at these success and failure quotes and inspire you to have a positive outlook on not just your success, but also your failures.
Success and Failure Quotes
1. “Never let success get to your head; Never let failure get to your heart.” – Anonymous
The reason I started with this quote is to remind you all that no matter how many times you succeed or how many times you fail, don’t get too cocky or upset. The following success and failure quotes will explain why.
2. “Failure is not the opposite of success; it’s part of success.” – Ariana Huffington
As said in the introduction, many people believe that failure has nothing to do with success. However, by failing, we learn how to not make those mistakes, which ultimately leads to success.
3. “Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end.” – Denis Waitley
Failure is just a temporary setback. Because even if it holds you back, it will spring you forward into success.
4. “In order to succeed your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” – Bill Cosby
5. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
6. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas A. Edison
7. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to always try one more time.” – Thomas A. Edison
8. “The heart is a muscle, … and what do muscles do when they’re torn? They grow back stronger.” – Unknown
9. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
10. “Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.” – Napolean Hill
11. “Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success. ” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
Without failures, there are no lessons. Without any lesson, there is no way one can go forward and succeed. Those who succeed have failed plenty of times because they learned how to not make those mistakes again.
12. “Success is measured by how high you bounce when you hit bottom.” – George S. Patton
13. “On the road to success; there’s a curve called failure, a loop called confusion, speed bumps called friends, & red lights called enemies.” – Unknown
The journey to success is a long road for some, and a short road for others. However, no matter what road you take, there will always be curves, loops, speed bumps, and red lights.
14. “Those who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed.” – Lloyd Jones
15. “The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.” – Paulo Coelho
16. “Success is not built on success. It’s built on failure. It’s built on frustration. Sometimes it’s built on catastrophe.” – Sumner Redstone
17. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again. That is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
18. “Every success creates new opportunities. So does every failure. ” – Peter F. Drucker
19. “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” – Bill Gates
20. “Success or failure is caused more by mental attitude than by mental capacity.” – Walter Scott
No matter how low your I.Q. is or how high, that has nothing to do with success or failure. What does have to do with success and failure is your attitude. Attitude is everything. If you have a positive attitude, you would learn from your failures and succeed. On the other hand, if you have a negative attitude, you take those failures as a sign that you don’t have the skill to succeed. However, everyone has the skill to succeed if they have the right attitude and mindset.
21. “If you are afraid of failure, you don’t deserve to be successful.” – Charles Beckley
22. “All people fail at certain instances in their lives, the only thing that makes then different is how they manage to stand up or how they choose to fail again.” – Unknown
23. “If you want to be successful, find out the price and then pay for it.” – Scott Adam
24. “Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.” – George Bernard Shaw
25. Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.” – Bill Gates
26. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing.” – Pelé
27. “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.” – Dwane Johnson
28. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
29. “Success means you have succeeded in overcoming the obstacles and finally realizing the goal.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
30. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” – Richard Branson
31. “Don’t tell people your plans. Show them your results.” – Sakib Tamboli
32. “Failure is so important. We speak about success all the time, but it is the ability to resist or use failure that often leads to greater success.” – J. K. Rowling
33. “Every successful person was once an unknown person that refused to give up on their dream.” – Nikhil Singh
34. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
35. “If you learn from defeat, you haven’t really lost.” – Zig Ziglar
36. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
37. “If there is a difference between success and failure, it is the moment you don’t give up and the moment you do.” – Unknown
38. “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” – Truman Capote
39. “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
40. “You learn more from failure than from success. Don’t let is stop you. Failure builds character.” – Kaygarn Tan
41. “No matter how big your hours or what car you drive, we all end up in the same size grave- Stay humble.” – Unknown
42. “Work hard in silence. Let success make the noise.” – Frank Ocean
43. If you truly want to succeed, you have to stay humble- humble or crumble- because it can all go away in the blink of an eye.” – Raven Goodwin
44. “Stay humble, stay grounded, remember what got you to that level- and that’s hard work.” – Tim Howard
45. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
46. “Be strong when you are weak, brave when you are scared, and humble when you are victorious.” – Unknown
47. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” – Henry David Thoreau
48. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
49. “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.” – Barack Obama
50. “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.” – Thomas J. Watson
As said before, these quotes are not intended to change your definition of success and failure but are intended to alter the way you look at them. If you are one of those people who believed that failure holds you back in life, I hope that these success and failure quotes made you believe that failure actually sets you up for life. And if you are one of those people who believed that success gives you a higher authority than anyone else, I hope you realized that no matter how successful you are, you are just like anyone else in this world.
Almost everyone goes through rough patches in their life, whether it is in their childhood, mid-thirties, or eighties. If you have gone through them, you understand that tough times teach you how to be strong and never give up. Just like everyone goes through hardships, several people also experience failures. However, from their failures, they learn how to get up and follow the path to success.
Success does not put you at the top of the world, nor does failure put you at the bottom. There are many people who have failed, only to be one of the most successful people today. Check out these videos on famous failures: Famous Failures Part 1, and Famous Failures Part 2.
Your definition of success might be different than another person’s definition, but it is important to recognize the similarities as well. Check out this website on how successful people define success. Also, these success and failure quotes are not enough to emphasize how important failures are in life, so I recommend reading this and this article to understand why failure is a positive experience in life. Not only that, but be sure to read this eye-opening book: The Success of Failure: A Coming of Age Fable About Overcoming Failure Despite Ourselves.
In all, I hope these success and failure quotes inspired you to never give up in life and to always keep pushing yourself. Let your failures be a reminder of how hard your tried and your success be a reminder of how far you’ve gotten. Embrace your failures the same way you embrace your success, and success will be inevitable!
Out of all of these success and failure quotes, which one is your favorite? Let us know in the comments!
If you enjoyed this post, please make sure to comment your thoughts below and share it on social media!
Check out more content for:
Use this link to sign up for a brokerage account on WeBull and get TWO FREE STOCKS valued up to $1400 when you fund your account!
Join The Group Of Teens Dedicated To Achieving Financial Freedom
Disclaimer: Some of the links used on this site are affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, we receive a commission each time you purchase something through our link. It helps us cover the costs of running this blog. We only recommend the best products available.
Disclaimer: We are not experts or certified financial advisers. Our advice for you based on what has worked and continues to work for us. If financial problems occur we are not responsible for them and advise that you speak to a professional. That being said, we believe wholeheartedly that the advice we give to you will help your financial situation greatly.